Friday, September 3, 2010

Cloud Study

Quick little cloud study (6x8 oil) done a few weeks ago. Trying to apply some of the things learned at the recent workshop. Some of it worked, some of it didn't. The scan of this painting hasn't reproduced the colors or transitions (edges) in the sky for some reason. Clouds are so beautiful and everyday is different, yielding endless painting possibilities. While I feel like I'm getting better at painting clouds, I haven't yet figured out how to make cloud shadows (on the land) work. Always something else to work on!

Otherwise...starting to get ready for the Artist Row festival, which takes place on Sunday, September 19. I'll post my booth number as soon as I get it. I have a lot of paintings to work on, many things that are "close" to being showable but still need a little work...so I'll be in the studio a lot. Will post things as they are finished.

No comments: