Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mango y Mango

Returning to the still-life theme...here is a painting of a couple of mangos, which are one of my favorite fruits - both to look at and to eat! They have amazing coloration, often with vivid reds and greens side by side and interspersed. Plus more subtle yellows and ochres. This is an oil painting, 5x7 oil on canvas. It is painted very thinly, more of a stain than a paint layer. In the future I'd like to paint these with thicker paint...well, not these because they've already been eaten (and were very good). I like the way the mangos turned out, but am not sure about my choice for the fabric and background colors...may have made those a bit too warm. Any thoughts about that?I also tried a painting of a cut mango with the slice next to it, but am not happy with the way that one turned out. I will be trying that again.

No comments: