Sunday, November 1, 2009

Durfee Road Study, re-post

I managed to get a better image of the painting "Durfee Road Study", and am posting it here. It looks better on my laptop monitor - better captures the light and contrasts. However, there are some problems with the scan...in particular, in the painting there is a slight touch of yellow in the sky...but the scan over-emphasizes this a lot. Also, the painting has a warmer tone than the scan. I almost wonder if it's even worth trying to post images of paintings, it's so hard to get a faithful reproduction. This painting was sold at the recent Artist Row show, but I have it back temporarily for varnishing.

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

I understand your frustration. It is a very good painting..with or without the extra yellow. Keep them coming! Excellent!