Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Some apples...and an update

Well, I'm finally getting around to updating the blog. This has been a hectic year to say the least. Since my last post, I spent about a month on Long Island, fixing up my parents' house for sale. We got really lucky, the house sold quickly and at a good price. But it did take a lot of time, several trips back and forth. All of that is done now, and I have been doing some painting - but there is so much other stuff that has piled up.

Anyway, these studies of apples were completed several months ago. All three paintings are of the same scene...I got very frustrated with the first one (the paint wasn't behaving), which is 5x7 oil on board. So I got out a smaller panel (4x5) and painted it again. Had better luck, so I gave it another try at 5x7...and I do like the way the third one finally turned out. I have quite a few more paintings that I will be posting in the near future, so check back often!




2 comments:

Jen said...

Chris,
Glad to see some new work posted. I like #3 the best too. Even though I've never seen a still life painting of yours, your "style" comes through clearly.I can definitely tell this is your work!

Jen

Christopher O'Handley said...

Ah, so now I know the identity of the mystery person from East Rochester who keeps looking at my blog! Thanks for commenting. When are you going to start your blog?