Thursday, August 20, 2009

Early Spring, Burger Park

Catching up on some old paintings...the study here was done sometime in early spring - probably March (but maybe April) - at Burger Park in Greece. The trees were just starting to show their color - not green, but the subtle reds and yellows that appear as the buds swell. It is a beautiful time of year. I remember that I trudged out into the fields and set up a long way from the car...it was fairly warm for the time of year. However, about halfway through the painting the wind switched to the north and the cold air over Lake Ontario swept in. Fortunately I had an extra sweatshirt!

This is oil on canvas, 8x10. I like the way it turned out, but the sky needs a little refinement and the water looks too dark to me. What do you think?

No comments: