Friday, October 12, 2007

The Cefare

Another important painting for me, this one has won awards at 2 shows. Oil on canvas board, 14x11, also from July 2005. This one was done in the afternoon at the Pultneyville Marina and Yacht Club, after a morning painting that didn't turn out too well. I was wandering around being indecisive, considering just leaving, when I saw this scene being painted by one of my artist friends. She hadn't gotten much past the block-in stage, but I could see the potential in the composition, so I set up nearby and painted the same view...thus I often refer to it as a "stolen composition".

As a side note, I've been referring to this painting for the past 2 years as "The Cefare" because I thought that was the name of the boat. However, on a recent trip back to the marina, I saw the same boat and had a better look at the name...which is actually "The Cebare". Oh well, close enough!

No comments: